Welcome to another of our Chase quizzes.
There isn’t a prize but we hope you can spend a few minutes giving yourself a mental MOT in trying to work out the answers.
The solutions to Quick Quiz #4 will be published on this website on January 23, 2020 at 10am.
- Who was the British Prime Minister at the start of the 20th Century?
A) Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman
B) Arthur Balfour
C) Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (3rd Marquess of Salisbury)
- Who was the only English-born Pope?
A) St Felix IV
B) Pope Adrian IV
C) John XV
- On which island did the dodo live prior to becoming extinct?
C) St Helena
- In which country was comedian Spike Milligan born?
- What was the name of an autobiography by US president Jimmy Carter?
A) Where’s the Rest of Me?
B) At Ease: Stories I Tell to Friends
C) An Hour Before Daylight: Memories of a Rural Boyhood
- What is the scientific name for a fear of beautiful women?
- The Sun newspaper in the UK was begun in 1964 to replace which failing publication?
A) The Illustrated London News
B) Daily Herald
- Which bird lays the biggest egg?
A) Mute Swan
- Which Blue Peter presenter had previously been a Dr Who companion?
A) Peter Purves
B) John Noakes
C) Valerie Singleton
- Galler, Tara Galilor and Pays de Galles are various European countries’ names for which other land?